Soups are a great meal to make ahead of time. They can be stored in the freezer for a month or the fridge for a week. (Depending on what you have in them of course). They are also pretty darn yummy and I find them to be a very comforting, yet filling meal during colder months.
This is a super yummy recipe for a mushroom soup. I’ve had never had it before today and I must say it was delicious for the limited amount of ingredients I used.
250g Button Mushrooms
250g Shitake Mushrooms
250 Chestnut Mushrooms
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
1tbsp Dried Thyme
1tbsp Tapioca Flour
300ml Plant-Based Milk (I used Soya)
- Fry your onion in a large pan until soft
- Add your chopped mushrooms, fry for 10 minutes
- Add the rest of your dry ingredients including the stock cube. Give it a good stir. Then add your milk and water.
- Simmer for at least 20 minutes on a low heat. The longer the better. (I left mine for 1 hour)
- Add salt & Pepper to taste.
Tasty, Nutritious and Delicious.