I made this recipe on a bit of a whim. I wanted a chocolate fix and was specifically craving a bounty bar but a healthier version. Also, the bounty bars aren’t vegan 🙂 so an hour in the kitchen playing around with ingredients and I came up with these.
Only 5 ingredients, super simple to make and certainly curb a chocolate or coconut craving.
220g Desiccated coconut
400ml Light Coconut Milk
2 tsp Agave Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
50g Dark Chocolate
Method (makes 10-20)
Ok, I wasn’t sure whether to bother putting a method in for this recipe because it’s so simple to do. However, it makes it easier to have a section 🙂
- So, all you need to do is combine the coconut milk, desiccated coconut, Agave syrup or other syrup of your choice and vanilla extract in a bowl. Give it all a good mix together.
- Then using a mould of your choice pat down the mixture into shapes. I used the smallest sized cookie cutter I had which made 15 chunky bars. You could use anything you like to do this, cookie cutters, ice cube tray, chocolate moulds.
- Freeze your bars for an hour.
- Then, melt your chocolate either on the hob or in the microwave a30-second inervals.
- Drizzle the chocolate over the top of the bites.
5 step method for a 5 ingrediant recipe. Super duper simple and these are very yummy.
These keep in the fridge for a week or you can freeze them for a month and take each one out to defrost as required.