This recipe only takes ten minutes of prep and uses minimal ingredients and yet it tastes so good! It really is so simple to make and will change your opinion of this amazing ingredient. Did I mention, it’s also super low calorie at less than 300 calories per portion?
It’s somewhat similar to a curry but tastes super yummy without any spice. Obviously, though spice is an optional extra with just a little pinch of chilli flakes.
If you like this recipe then you should try the Jackfruit Pulled ‘Pork’, a delicious healthy comfort food. Or, maybe you want something sweeter? Try the Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting for a delicious indulgence.
Stewed Cauliflower in a Tomato Sauce
- 1 Large Head OF Cauliflower
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1 tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Tomato Puree or 1/2 a small jar of Passata
- 1/2 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1-2 tbsp Parsley
- Pinch of Chilli Flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Pinch of Sugar
- Finely chop the Onion and Garlic. Fry with the Olive Oil until the Onion is translucent.
- Next, add everything apart from the Cauliflower, simmer on a medium heat for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Prep your cauliflower while you wait by washing and cutting into small-medium sized chunks.
- After 15 minutes add your cauliflower and cook for another 15 minutes on a medium heat. Take the lid off for the last 5 minutes.
- Serve hot with some mashed potato.