Since watching the Korean TV Show ‘Something In The Rain’ I have become obsessed with South Korean Culture, everything from the clothes they wear to the food they eat. It began with eBay shopping, which escalated to making homemade kimchi.
A delicious, nutritious food that is a staple in a lot of Korean cultures. But, we’re not here to talk about that. Today I’m sharing with you my most recent lunchtime obsession, Noodle Soup. It’s super easy to make in just 15 minutes or less, very nutritious and very filling. It’s my ultimate comfort food at the minute. The perfect warming winter food and better yet it’s a recipe you can really play with. Add whatever vegetables you like. Add spice as you wish.
I like mine warm but not necessarily spicy so feel free to make it your own. I have it slightly different each time I make it, sometimes I make it with Tofu, add some Radish, other times I like to keep it simple with the Vegetables or make it super spicy. I recently posted a picture of the Noodle Soup on my Instagram (@wally.jay) and it blew up. People loved it! So, here’s the recipe, I hope you love it just as much.
If you like this recipe how about trying one of my other soups such as the Tofu & Sweetcorn Noodle Soup. It’s similar to this but the ingredients are a lot simpler. Or, maybe you want something for pudding? There’s a whole array of bites and bars, snacks and Cakes. If you enjoy this recipe or make it yourself please let me know or tag me on Instagram, I love seeing your pictures!
- 100 g Mixed Veg of your choice Mixed Frozen Veg works well, I use carrots, water chestnuts, pepper
- Frozen/cooked Soy Beans
- 1 White Onion Browned
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger
- 1/3 tbsp Garlic
- 1/3 tbsp Tumeric
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 tbsp Agave Syrup
- 300 ml Hot Water
- 1 packet Noodles Rice or Medium work best
- 1/2 Block Medium Soft Tofu
- 1 1 Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 tbsp Sesame Seed Oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Sprinkle of Dried Chilli
- Sliced Radish
- Homemade Kimchi
- Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Fry your onion off in the pan with the sesame seed oil until browned.
- Add your Tumeric, Garlic and Ginger. Then add your Vegetables and Soy Beans. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the Coconut Aminos and soy sauce, then the hot water. Stir and simmer.
- Finally add your Tofu, Noodles and finally your Nutritional Yeast.