How many of you are coffee lovers?
Me? Not so much. But I usually like a decaf coffee in the morning as part of my routine to get me up and moving. However, I’ve never thought much about Iced Coffee. whenever I would buy it I always found it too sweet and yet too strong with caffeine. Until I made my own.
I couldn’t believe how easy it was to make my own Iced Coffee. It literally took 5 minutes to make this recipe and drink my Iced Coffee. Minimal ingredients and whole fewer calories than you would get if you bought one. A perfect summer pick me up.
Perfect for breakfast or on its own or even with a sprinkling of chocolate.
The best thing about this recipe? It’s completely Vegan and dairy free of course! I love Roasted almond milk with this drink, it really adds a nice accent to the flavour along with the sweetness of the vanilla.
If you blend it for just 30 seconds like I like to then you get a perfect amount of froth on top which is just perfect on a coffee. It’s like adding frothy cream to a coffee without the extra calories.
How about some cake to go with that coffee?
There are so many cake recipes here that would go perfectly with this drink. Everything from Peanut Butter Matcha Cakes or Zesty Lemon Cakes, to Carrot Cake Or Chocolate & Gingerbread Silk Cake. One of my personal favorites would likely be the Cinnamon Banana Cakes though. I love the combination of banana, cinnamon, and coffee.
Let me know what you think of this recipe and what your favorite things to add to coffee are. What’re your favorite flavor combos?
Vanilla Iced Coffee
- 2 tsp Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 tbsp Plant Milk Almond works best
- 4-6 Ice Cubes
- Sweetener of your choice Agave Syrup works well
- Blender is not essential but it helps and you get a nice froth if you use one.
- Combine your coffee and sweetener into a mug or container of your choosing. Mix.
- Add your plant milk and water. Stir together.
- Leave it to sit for 5 minutes if you're not using a blender and just stir frequently. If using a blender put it on a low speed for around 30 seconds.
- Serve and top with your ice.