Despite the generally warm weather in the UK, I woke up one morning and it was windy and cold. The sunshine has disappeared and it felt like winter had returned for the day. As usual, it meant I fancied warm food but didn’t want to fancy a bowl of usual oatmeal. I did, however, have a craving for banana and blueberries. I had always seen recipes and posts on Instagram for baked Oatmeal but had never given it a go. Before today.
The premise of this recipe is pretty simple. I used how I make my normal oatmeal as the basis for this recipe, tweaked it a bit and added a few more ingredients. And there we have it. I was pleasantly surprised how well this came out for a first go. So good that I didn’t feel the need to tinker with it that much.
It’s the perfect flavor of vibrant banana, tangy blueberries, and sweet dates. Coming together to form something special. Add your favorite toppings to take it to the next level. A lot of people like to add milk to theirs. Personally, I enjoy topping mine with a little agave syrup and a spoonful of peanut butter. Is your mouth watering yet?
Oh, and did I mention it’s a great healthy recipe for weight loss. Oats are super good for you and keep you full for a long time. The added nuts add plenty of super nutrients alongside.
Baked Banana Blueberry Oatmeal
- 100 g Oats
- 4 Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 70 g Blueberries Frozen or fresh work well
- 50 g Walnuts Broken into small chunks
- 30 g Mixed seeds
- 75 ml Plant Milk
- 2-3 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup Optional (calorie estimate is without)
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat your oven to 180C Fan. 200 Normal Oven.
- Place your oats into a bowl and pour in enough boiling water to cover. At the same time, soak your dates if you're using dried ones.
- Whilst you're waiting, combine the rest of your ingredients in a bowl and give it a stir.
- Add in your oats and give it another mix.
- Place the mixture into a dish.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes or until golden and crispy on top.
- Leftovers can be kept in a sealed tub for 3-4 days. Reheat a portion as required.