These little balls are sweet and nutty (pardon the pun) with just a hint of coconut. At only 50 calories per ball, they’re great for a snack or an addition to a bowl of warming oats or even a smoothie bowl.
These balls are pretty small, about the size of a teaspoon or a little bigger than your thumbnail. Super cute!
The oats in this recipe aren’t essential, you could just use coconut on its own and add more to it but I find the oats give it that nice starchy texture and make them a lot more filling for such a small amount of calories.
If you enjoy this recipe you should try the Peanut Butter Protein Balls, a little more filling and packed full of protein. Or, maybe you want something a little sweeter but just as green? Then you should try the Peanut Butter Matcha Cakes with Peanut Buttercream, a perfect mix of creamy peanut butter with a sweet kick and the added nutritional benefits of Matcha.
Chocolate Coconut Pistachio Balls
- 14 Pitted Dates If using dried dates, soak for 10 minutes in water.
- 20 Whole Cashews
- 50 g Oats or Oat Flour
- 20 g Shredded Coconut
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 1 tbsp Golden Syrup
- 10-20 g Pistachio Kernels
- First, blend your Pistachio kernels into a fine crumb and place in a bowl or dish.
- Then, add your dates, cashews, oats, coconut and cocoa powder in a blender and blend until combined thoroughly. Pour this mixture into a bowl.
- Add your golden syrup and 2 tbsp of water and mix well. At this point, it should hold it's shape when molded. If it's doesn't add a little more water.
- Mold into small balls, around the size of a teaspoon. The mixture makes 20-25. Roll each ball into the pistachio crumb and then place them in the fridge to set.
- Can be kept in the fridge for up to a week or frozen and taken out as required.