This recipe has been created from the Peanut Butter Potato Cakes recipe. The base for that minus a few ingredients makes for a wonderful backbone for many other recipes. Note – for this exact recipe I added a little icing on top made by combining 2 tsp Icing Sugar with 1 tsp Water and a little Vanilla Extract. Then topping with cinnamon.
These Banana Cakes are dense, moreish, healthy and tasty. They’re both Vegan and Gluten-free and super simple to make in just 30 minutes.
The combination of Banana and simple Oat Flour mixed with a little sweetness makes these banana cakes short on ingredients but big on flavour.
If you loved this recipe but would like something a little on the larger side how about the Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, or for something a little light give the Chocolate & Gingerbread Silk Cake a go. For a great starter, how about trying the Green Vegetable Soup. A perfect combo alongside the Banana Cakes for a healthy but satisfying meal. Don’t forget to check out the Lemon version of these!
- 90 g Rolled Oats or Oat Flour
- 2 Small Ripe Bananas Mashed
- 1/2 tbsp Ground Flaxseed
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp Water
- 125 ml Plant Milk
- 2 tbsp Golden Syrup
- Heat oven to 180C Fan Oven or 200C for a normal oven.
- Firstly, mix the water and flaxegg into a small bowl and place in the fridge.
- Next, blend your oats into a fine powder unless you're using Oat Flour.
- Combine all your dry ingredients into one bowl, do the same for your wet ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Add the flax egg into the wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and then mix thoroughly until combined.
- Pour equal amounts into your cupcake tin and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 20 minutes or until pick comes out clean
- Leave to cool before eating. They will keep at room temperature in a sealed container for 3-4 days. Alternatively, can be frozen and defrosted as needed.