This soup is hearty, nutritious and tastes so good! A wonderful mix of curry flavours comes together with the sweetness of parsnips and the added boost from beans and lentils to make a creamy, delightfully pleasant comfort food. Great for those cold winter nights or as a healthy alternative to a regular meal. Delicious served on its own or with toast, rice cakes or chips of your choice. We love ours with some Avocado toast. This recipe would also make a perfect base for a Curry, just blend a smaller amount of the mixture and add a meat substitute such as Tofu and some peas.
If you enjoy this recipe how about trying the equally hearty Vegetable Stew with Dumplings. Or for something bursting with nutrients how about the Green Vegetable Soup. How about something sweet for pudding? The Cookie Dough Peanut Bites are so good!
- 2 Medium Parsnips
- 1 Large Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 1 Medium Cauliflower
- 100 g Chestnut Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Liquid Smoke Optional
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1-2 tbsp Chicken Seasoning I used Paprika & Lemon mix
- 2 Cloves of Garlic or 1 tbsp Granules
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast Optional
- 2 tbsp Powder Potato like Smash Optional
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 Tin Green Lentils Around 120g drained
- 1 Tin Mixed Beans in Spicy Tomato Sauce Around 395g. Can be substituted for beans, paprika and Tomato Puree or Chopped Tomatoes.
- Chop your carrot, onion, parsnips, and cauliflower. Place in a pan with the chicken seasoning and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add everything else apart from the Nutritional yeast and powder potato (if using) to the pan and fill with another water to cover or more as wanted.
- Put the lid on and leave to simmer on a low to medium heat for at least 45 minutes to an hour. The longer the better,
- Blend the mixture as preferred or leave it as it is. I like half of it blended with some chunks left throughout.
- Serve immediately. Alternatively, it will keep for up to a week in the fridge and several months in the freezer.