Noodle soups are a little more exciting than your usual Vegetable Soup. The texture providing by the noodles and the Tofu make this super delicious. Make sure to marinate your Tofu plenty of time in advance to make it even tastier.As it’s a soup it’s quick and simple to make and is low in calories which makes it suitable for both Lunch and Dinner meals. The combination of the spices pack a punch and make it more nutrient-rich, that and the noodles make it very filling for a soup.
If you enjoy this, why not try your hand at something a little more time consuming but worth every effort like the Vegetable Stew with Dumplings, it’s so delightfully comforting. Or, if you are in search of something to have for dessert after, why not try the Chocolate & Gingerbread Silk Cake, the Ginger and Tofu make a nice follow on from this recipe.
Tofu & Sweetcorn Noodle Soup
- 4 Chestnut Mushrooms
- 2 Medium White Potatoes
- 4 Medium Carrots
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Vegetable stock cubes
- 200 g Sweetcorn
- 70 g Noodles
- 1 Tbsp Ginger
- 1 Tbsp Tumeric
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tsp Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 a block Tofu I used Cauldron
- If you haven't already, marinate your Tofu in your choice of flavours.
- Cut your Potatoes, Mushrooms, and Carrot into small pieces. Place them in a pan on a medium heat with the Olive Oil, Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric and Chilli flakes.
- Cook for 10 minutes. Chop your other ingredients while you wait.
- Add your vegetable stock cubes to the pan and then put enough boiling water in to cover all your veg.
- Cover and leave to simmer on a medium heat for 45 minutes or until veg is soft.
- Once it’s cooked. In a blender Add your nutritional yeast. Then put all of the vegetables from your soup into the mix with a good scoop of the liquid to help it blend better.Make it as chunky or smooth as you like.
- Add this back to the other mix still in the pan. Mix it all together on a low heat until blended well. Add your coriander and salt + pepper to taste.
- Once your at this stage start frying your tofu. It takes around 10 minutes.
- Once your tofu is done add 2/3 of it to the soup along with your noodles and sweetcorn. Then simmer for 5 minutes